need little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need little help

i recently got a 94 camaro 3.4 auto trans, and when driving (weather hot or cold, i believe more so when warm) the car seems so go in to overdrive or shift down, the rpm difference isent so bad, just a little. but its annoying and im sure isent the best on gas mileage.

any idea on what it might be and how to fix it?

Thanks

Re: need little help

Maybe it can be the electronic controlls in the tranny. Had that happen to me to one of my cars and the tranny went bad because it did not shift to from the 4th gear to 5 gear. Mechanic said it was the electronic controls in the tranny. but I'm not sure if yours is the same problem.

Comment

I have no idea what flip is asking... But 5 gears in a 4 speed auto. Teach me how:rolleyes:

/sarcasm off

Comment

Was a BMW that I had before I bought my F-Body. Tranny electronic controls kept it on 4th gear while it was Overdrive and the engine Roared because of that. The electronic controls didn't let my engine fall under 3K rpm and soon after my tranny was gving out my motors crankshaft bearings went out. So I sold that car and Bought my F-body. Just from a previous experience is why I'm bringing it up.

Comment

Okay... What is happening? Little more detail would help. 4th gear engages normally around 40mph (well, when grandma's driving). Around 45mph the TCC engages. At least that what I seem to think mine is doing. If you are driving above 45mph and it's revving up a little while on a flat cruise with no acceleration, then I would start looking at the TCC. (Torque Converter Clutch).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X