Car won't start? Just clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car won't start? Just clicking

I had my car going 2 weeks ago after being stored all winter and it started fine. I had to put new valve cover gaskets on and re set my rockers. Tried starting it over the weekend and only clicks. Won't roll over. I checked all the grounds, battery, firing order. I wonder what else could it be?

Check the connections on the starter. I had two different cars with the same problem. It acted like a weak battery. After checking the battery and even trying to jump the battery I found the problem. It was the large cable on the starter. It was lose. You will have to get under the car to check it.
    Hope it helps
    Dr Todd

Comment

Sounds like a poor electical connection somewhere.

-Check Battery
      -Check battery connections for tightness
      -Check battery posts for corrosion buildup
      (sometimes corrosion buildup can occur on the
      cables themselves hidden by the cable insulation)
      -Check all fuses ... in dash and under hood.
      -Check starter connection

If all of that checks out as good then you may have a problem with your ignition shwitch or something could be wrong with the anti-theft stuff (maybe your key is fouled).

If all of those things are in OK then it should at least turn over.

Comment

test your battery.

Comment

Neutral safety switch? VATS?

Comment

is it a 96
            96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Turned out it was my battery. Wouldn't keep the charge. When I put it on my battery charger it was saying charged at 100%. Warranty still good until end of the week so Canadian Tire gave me a new one. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                5 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X