Installing power windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing power windows

I was under them impression that all our cars had the wires in them for power windows whether they came with them or not. Bought the switches and motors went to intall them and found out I was misinformed.

Besides the wiring what else do I need? I have the power window motors and the switches. Any write ups on this? I didn't know I as going to have to mess with wiring.
    2000 turbo/intercooled M5 Black Firebird<br />349.5hp and 415.3tq @ 4400rpms

I would love to know the answer to this as well anyone do this before???
    \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

negative
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler:
          negative
          That sucks.

Comment

Im sure someone has but not interested in typing at the moment...
            \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Comment

no the cars dont have the wiring, plus the wiring from 96 on up is diffrent , 96 has a bcm prevoius years had individual circuits, i just did this on my 96 and found out the hard way.it can be done i did it it's just hard .

Comment

chevyinside: where did you get the wiring harness from?
                97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

actualy found it off ebay , found a person parting out a camaro and bought the windows,locks and mirrors and keyless for $300 not a bad price i thought . heres the guys e-mail you could try him he might have it no gaurantee (mcmotors10@hotmail.com)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X