Help Please!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Please!!!!!

My car was the same way; made a noise but had no affect on performance. Decided to let her sit and tear her apart instead of risking it; glad I did. Turns out I spun a bearing, which isn't a good thing :(. If water did get into your engine, then you very well could have bent a rod or something of that case. It's either time to rebuild, swap motors, or trade in; it's upto you.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Wow, whats up with all the engine deaths lately?

Hope all works out man.
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I dont understand how could it be so serious, my friends says its definatly a rod. He says i should just do a cam since there gonna hve to do rods anyway.
        ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

Yep. While the motor's out why not do a cam, along with heads :). Water is one of the worst things that could happen to your motor, because it'll cause the rods and such to rust and eventually break.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

this sucks i ahve no money.

Eff rain seriously. now i know better

Comment

Originally posted by mattyacks View Post
              I dont understand how could it be so serious
              It's physics. Metal will give long before water does, seeing how water (for all intent and purposes) does not compress....so when you tried to start the car again, all the force that is typically put on air, got put right onto your car's internals, causing who knows how much damage

Comment

This would be a great time for an engine tear down and rebuild. You can start loading up on aftermarket parts such as a new cam and rebuild the engine. You may be able to find a parts car and get the block out of it. Good luck though.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

how much is a rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by mattyacks View Post
                    how much is a rebuild?
                    can you do it yourself????

If you can find someone that knows enough to rebuild the engine then even if it costs more than what you want, you are basically getting more life out of your car afterwords. Depends on what you have and what you are willing to spend. I can't give you a price because there is so much involved. We did a rebuild on the 80 malibu and paid for all new parts and it totalled around 3k. But that was for aftermarket parts all new. You could do it alot less.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Its wierd, the car only makes the noise moving fast, not reved up or anything. it doesnt tick either.

Comment

Time for rebuild! Better buy a brand new car. Time to drop in that V8. The world is coming to an end!!

Until then... why not just take one thing at a time. Your friend sounds extremely knowledgeable considering he can diagnose the engine based on noise, so before you go and blow $500 on a junkyard motor, why don't you ask him if he can help you inspect the engine? That won't cost a whole hell of a lot.

Comment

Good news guys. I changed the oil again today and the noise made it again slightly this time, and didnt do it again. What u think the prob was??

ps after like 200 miles im gonna do another oil change

Comment

i'd guess it was water trapped somewhere where the oil would normally flow, and the water being present kept the oil from lubricating well, and u heard the metal grinding...you must of gotten the remaining water out with this last oil change...do it again soon and if it stays away, just dont worry about it

Comment

Yea, im def doing another oil change soon, and taking it easy on her. I guess i get a 2nd chance. Next time i see a lake im doing a 180 and bouncing

Comment

Great Job!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X