94 3.4 to LT1 swap fuel pump question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 3.4 to LT1 swap fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 3.4 to LT1 swap fuel pump question

I am in the process of swapping a LT1 into my 3.4 camaro. I am swapping out my rearend tomorrow with one from a 95 Z28. My question is while I have everything apart should I switch out the fuel pump thats for an LT1(I believe its the wallbro 255)? Can I use the fuel pump for an LT1 in a 3.4 engine with no problems? Thanks for any help.

Re: 94 3.4 to LT1 swap fuel pump question

yes you can.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Thank You

Comment

My suggestion is keep the 3.4 rear end. It has 3.23 gears in the back and the Lt1 has the 2.73 gears so personally I would keep the 3.23 gears in back so I can kill the Z models :naughty:

Comment

The rear I'm putting in has 3.42 gears.

Comment

thats cool

Comment

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
              My suggestion is keep the 3.4 rear end. It has 3.23 gears in the back and the Lt1 has the 2.73 gears so personally I would keep the 3.23 gears in back so I can kill the Z models :naughty:
              please research before misinforming. lt1/ls1 rears came in 2.73,3.23 and 3.42 rears. 2.73s came in some autos to help highway gas mileage, never in a manual

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by hpotter View Post
                I am in the process of swapping a LT1 into my 3.4 camaro. I am swapping out my rearend tomorrow with one from a 95 Z28. My question is while I have everything apart should I switch out the fuel pump thats for an LT1(I believe its the wallbro 255)? Can I use the fuel pump for an LT1 in a 3.4 engine with no problems? Thanks for any help.
                Aren't you going to have to swap the fuel lines and sending unit (or tank as a whole)for the LT1? Or are the 3.4 fuel lines going to hook to the LT1 fuel rails?
                sigpic

Comment

As far as I know right now I was under the impression that all I had to change was the pump because the LT1 pump puts out more volume. I guess I'll find out about the lines and such when I get to the motor part of the swap, unless someone who actually did the swap succesfully would like to shed some knowlege on the subject--always open to advice as this is the first time I'm attempting this.

Comment

yo will need toswap the pump for the reson you just said . I got a racetronixs one from thunder racing , worked great pluged right in and it was cheap to . lines and all are the same . you have to extend the vapor canister line with a peice of hose . i swaped an lt1 into my 1996 .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X