Must do a burnout-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
    How is that better if you are still locking the brakes up??
    With the line lock, you are locking only the front brakes. Rear brakes aren't being used. Brakestands on the other hand are using all brakes. Having the engine fight the rear breakes is the issue here. Your brakes convert motion to heat in order to slow you down. Well, if your brakes fighting the engine, this is creating heat. Whereas, with a line lock, the rear brakes aren't fighting the engine at all and thus no heat is generated by the brakes. With the front brakes locked, there is no movement with the front wheels. With no movement, no heat is generated and thus no damage done.

With a line lock, as far as your rear brakes are concerned durring a burnout, it's just like driving down the road without touching the brakes. In this same situation, as far as your front brakes are concerned, you're just sitting at a stop light not moving or doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SD6:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
      How is that better if you are still locking the brakes up??
      With the line lock, you are locking only the front brakes. Rear brakes aren't being used. Brakestands on the other hand are using all brakes. Having the engine fight the rear breakes is the issue here. Your brakes convert motion to heat in order to slow you down. Well, if your brakes fighting the engine, this is creating heat. Whereas, with a line lock, the rear brakes aren't fighting the engine at all and thus no heat is generated by the brakes. With the front brakes locked, there is no movement with the front wheels. With no movement, no heat is generated and thus no damage done.

With a line lock, as far as your rear brakes are concerned durring a burnout, it's just like driving down the road without touching the brakes. In this same situation, as far as your front brakes are concerned, you're just sitting at a stop light not moving or doing anything.
      </font>[/QUOTE]perfectly explained [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        6 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X