96 vs 2000 front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 vs 2000 front suspension

i need to know if there are any major differences between the 96 cammaro and 2000 firebird front suspension. i trashed mine and need to replace the control arms and craddle. any input is appreciated
    the curb that you don\'t see is always the most damaging

The only difference should be the spindles and brakes. The control arms will work on anything 93-02, the cradle should work, but you'll want to double check that.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

THe springs are stiffer and the sway bar is smaller if you plan on using them...

Comment

Since you have a 2000, the 96 front suspension has softer springs, smaller disc brakes on a different knuckle, a bigger sway bar, and different shocks than you. The upper and lower A-arms are the only common parts.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X