My new 00 camaro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 00 camaro!

Today I traided in my 95 3.4 manual for a 00 auto. So far I've noticed a big difference between the two, 00 much better! Can any one give me any tips on their experence, problems, or good first mods I can do? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Basically first mods are the same on every car. Get it breathing well. Breather in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Remember a car does this alot. So try to help a brutha out. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Get a thermostat! After ur done letting her breathe that is.

I own a 00 Auto as well.

I used to run on the stock thermo and it was slugish in summer with temps about 80... now it runs fine up to like 105 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by iliveinurfreezer:
        Get a thermostat! After ur done letting her breathe that is.

I own a 00 Auto as well.

I used to run on the stock thermo and it was slugish in summer with temps about 80... now it runs fine up to like 105 degrees.
        What thermostat are you running?

One problem I have with the 3.8L is it runs kinda warm for my taste.

There is a big difference between the top end of the 3.8L and 3.4L, but I do miss the down low power of the 3.4L. Also the drive by wire on the 3.8, and guage lag kinda sucks but 3.8L is still a fun car...

Comment

i put a 180 thermo in my 96.. had to add a fan switch though.. no big deal. Car runs much cooler now. i dont like the stock 195 degree thermo
          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 93camaro_zzz:
            Basically first mods are the same on every car. Get it breathing well. Breather in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Remember a car does this alot. So try to help a brutha out. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            Yppers, best first mods to do are intake and exhaust.
            Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

I think I'll go with the SLP cai and the magna flow cat back ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                7 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X