AC Compressor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Compressor Problem

My ac compressor has been doing something strange. For background info this is the second compressor in 2 years, this one less than a year old. The last time I had it replaced I replaced everything, condensor and all.

When I turn the ac on, the compressor doesn't come on. When I first noticed this, it would come on if I revved it about 3000 RPM for a few seconds then turn off. I took it over to my parent's house and my dad helped me check the pressure. The low side was ok, but the high side pressure never went up, even when we could get the compressor to come on for a few seconds. I had thought the system was low on Freon, so we added some and now the compressor won't come on at all. My dad thinks it may be a blockage, but neither of us have much experience or knowledge with ac systems. Any ideas? I live in Yuma, AZ, so ac is a must, and its starting to get hot already. :(

Re: AC Compressor Problem

First, check your high and low pressure cut off switches. Sometimes you need to jump the low pressure switch to get it to take some refrigerant.
    sigpic

Comment

Can you explain how to jump the low pressure switch?

Comment

Unplug the switch and use a jumper wire to connect the two wires in the plug. The compressor should run then.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X