Hypertech Programmer and temp to turn on fan - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypertech Programmer and temp to turn on fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Programmer and temp to turn on fan

If you would get the Hypertech Programmer what temperature should I program the fans to kick on? I have a 180 degree thermo.
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Maybe I should re-phrase my question.

The stock computer setting is to turn the fans on at 210-215 degrees with a 195 degree thermo. Since I have a 180 degree thermo now, and since the hypertech allows you to reprogram the temperature at which the fans come on. What temperature should I program my fans to come on with the 180 degree thermo?
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

The HPP3 only gives you 4 choices for fan turn on/off temps: Stock, optimized for 195 degree t-stat, optimized for 180 degree t-stat and optimized for 160 degree t-stat.

You don't pick the fan temps, you just tell the HPP3 what t-stat you have in the car.

If you have the HPP3 check out page 9 of the installation instructions. It tells what the temps are for all of the 4 choices.
      2002 Camaro Coupe<br />Navy Blue, A4, Y87<br />Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box<br />SLP Bow-Tie Grill, HPP3

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. I actually don't have the Hypertech yet. I am considering getting it when I do my gear swap so I can recalibrate my speedometer and shift points.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X