problems crank and noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems crank and noise

ok so I was driving my car and it jerked like almost like slaming on the break and a few minutes later I got the SES light this has hapened before just not as big the code was for the crankshaft anybody have any idea what it is?
    I have another problem too I am getting this weird sound it sounds like its coming from the transimition whenever I hit a bump and now since I instaled my muffler you can hear it when I decelerate I need help on what it is the crank problem sounds like it might be a big problem but it still drives oh ya and my tranny is manual

Re: problems crank and noise

what do you mean the code was for the crankshaft?

the crankshaft position sensor?

the noise you are hearing is either your transmission mount or your exhaust hitting the driveshaft tunnel brace

Comment

yeah what number code is coming up?

Comment

im betting your crank position sensor is dirty, and while your car is running it quits detecting it, which stalls the car out for a second, then it detects it again and the car starts running again

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          im betting your crank position sensor is dirty, and while your car is running it quits detecting it, which stalls the car out for a second, then it detects it again and the car starts running again
          So how easy is it to replace that cause I did get the crank position code can I buy one of those books at auto zone to help me out or is there another book that's less and helps more ha I wanna work on my car I'm a newbie tho ha and the I'm thinking its the mount on the tranny the thing about the exaust might be true but why would it being going making that noise on bumps too? I donno I just want to get it fixed should I just take it to the shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Zack36089 View Post
            So how easy is it to replace that cause I did get the crank position code can I buy one of those books at auto zone to help me out or is there another book that's less and helps more ha I wanna work on my car I'm a newbie tho ha and the I'm thinking its the mount on the tranny the thing about the exaust might be true but why would it being going making that noise on bumps too? I donno I just want to get it fixed should I just take it to the shop?
            i will take a look at my book for you, i only have changed one on a jeep before

before you buy one, i would suggest cleaning yours, if the sensor was bad your car would NOT run at all

when my transmission mount was bad it only knocked when letting the clutch out, but when my exhaust was hitting the cross member when it went over bumps it would make a knocking noise that sounded like it was coming from under the shifter/center console.

when i decelerated it made a few knocking noises followed by a vibrating noise.

sounds like your problem since you said it changed when you installed your muffler.

i fixed mine by taking a hammer to the cross member where the paint was worn off from the exhaust rubbing it.. you may even be able to fix it by buying new rubber pieces for the hangers

Comment

i am unable to find how to change it in my book, but take a look at this thread, it lets you know everything on how to replace it.. if its cheap you might as well buy one since it takes a little extra work to remove:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...nkshaft+sensor

edit* you are looking at between $40-$60 to buy a new one

Comment

What is it about forums and people not using punctuation? You guys throw a period in here or there with the occasional question mark, but everything else is about 6 to 7 sentences ran together. I'm not saying you have to be an English wiz when you're posting online, but c'mon. People are trying to help you out, help them out by making your posts readable.

Here's what the crank position sensor looks like:

It should be on the front of the engine towards the passenger's side, IIRC. Just unplug the wiring and clean it off, maybe even pull the sensor out and clean it if you want. Be careful when doing that though; I'm not sure if it's possible to put it in wrong or mess it up, but I'm warning you just in case.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

So my car completely stalled out today but i was able to turn it on.:rolleyes:i'm almost sure its the sensor being dirty. i think i'm going to have one of my friends help me change it. and the shaking noise was the skid plate it sounds so quiet now lol!:rock:

I also made sure to put punctuation just for you rad racer.:) Thanks for all your help guys ill let you know about the sensor hope it works.

I bought a new sensor and it was a pretty easy replace it runs as good as ever once again thanks for the help
                  Last edited by Zack36089; 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X