I need help on a car im buying!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help on a car im buying!!!!

im looking to buy this car and i am not to knowlegded in camaros please take a look at the car and tell me if you think the car is worth it

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/622982296.html

Thank you guys i hope to here your veiws on if it is a good buy

Re: I need help on a car im buying!!!!

Try going for the 96 F-body they do have a V6 3800 Series II engine which is a better than the 3.4L. It's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by himfreak15 View Post
      im looking to buy this car and i am not to knowlegded in camaros please take a look at the car and tell me if you think the car is worth it

If its a 3.8 get it.....LOL

Comment

I don't think it is lol. I'm not putting us 3.4 guys down but the 3800 is far a better engine than what we have.

Comment

for the price... id hold out for a decent 3800 car

Comment

Its a nice looking car. If you are not buying it for power and speed then its pretty good. I mean you could hold out for a 3.8 if thats what you are going for. But I have a 3.4 and its not a bad engine. Its not as fast or as smooth in the acceleration as a 3.8 but its still got some torque and gets great gas mileage. I have 140,000 on my engine and have never once had a problem with it. You will still be able to beat civics and stuff. Bottom line it is a good car theres just not many upgrades for the 3.4 unless its custom.

Comment

ohhh, good ol' goldsboro...my home town :) but not my car lol i'd say hold out for a 3.8L...

Comment

Actually, I like the 3.4L better. In my opinion it runs smoother then the 3.8L does. Yes, the 3.8 can make more power, but I am not interested in racing my car, so my 3.4 works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by himfreak15 View Post

Looks like a nice car, price is a little high. Try to get them to the $2800 range. Maybe you can get it for near $3K.

Comment

I agree, i wouldn't pay more than 3k.

Comment

Guess it would be personal choice on what you want to get the 3.4 or the 3800. But both the 3.4 F-body and the 3800 F-body are good cars. :rock:

Comment

i would say hold for something lower than three thousand if you want it. i got my camaro (3.4 1994 with 80000 miles) for 3000 and its in great condition

Comment

I agree I bought my 95 for $700, only draw back was that the motor needed a rebuild, but I did it myself so I saved all that money I would have spent if i did take it to go get it rebuilt to a shop, I only spent $300 for all the parts that i needed, so if you really want to add it all together the car was $1000, but that is still a deal in my eyes. You should listen to what the other members are telling you.

Comment

you COULD hold out for one below 3K, but most likely it will be like mine (salvage title, 200K miles)...F bodies in this area are high. its an evil fact. 108,000 miles is good too. be sure to let us know what you decide

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
                              you COULD hold out for one below 3K, but most likely it will be like mine (salvage title, 200K miles)...F bodies in this area are high. its an evil fact. 108,000 miles is good too. be sure to let us know what you decide
                              Dude I have seen plenty of f bodies around here for the same price with better mileage then mine and yours :( And I payed the same amount you did same year and I have less miles. It all Depends on how hard you look. That white one I would have gotten if he had came down on the price to 3300 had 130K on the clock. and then that RS that had 144K on it for 4K

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X