Engine Swap, 99 with 01 which fuel rail do I need? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Swap, 99 with 01 which fuel rail do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap, 99 with 01 which fuel rail do I need?

Hello,

I have a '99 Camaro I purchased with a blown motor. The car came with a replacement from a wrecker out of an '02. It looks like I need to change some of the sensors over to install it.

My real question falls around the fuel injection. The fuel rail regulator got squished against the cowl during the install and is now useless. I called the dealer and they tell me the fuel rail is '95-'99 and '00-'02 Camaro/Firebird only. If I am trying to install the '02 motor into my '99, can I use a '00-'02 rail and my injectors ('99) or do I need the '95-'99 version. I have both rails (broken) and they look very similar, so I am unsure of what to do and really hope someone has some insight into this.

Thanks
    Last edited by gmintimidator; 04-01-2008, 05:29 PM. Reason: Motor is an '02 not an '01

Re: Engine Swap, 99 with 01 which fuel rail do I need?

I think the plugs on the injectors are different on the 00 and up. Have you tried to plug one in to your harness?
    sigpic

Comment

The injectors are different and won't plug into my harness. I am planning on reusing my existing '99 injectors, I am just not sure on the fuel rail

Comment

I was out in the garage looking over the rails and found the difference. I flipped them both over and noticed that the '02 rail has square ports to retain the clips on the injectors where as the '99 rail has round ports.

1999 Rail

2002 Rail

Both Rails

So I guess the next question is... are the intakes the same on the motor? I would have to assume they are, but would like some confirmation if possible

Comment

there are only two diffrent intakes used the angled tb, 95-98, and the straight tb, 99-02.
          96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Thanks for the info, now just to find a fuel rail so I can finally get this car together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X