Coil pack install questions and a few noob questions. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coil pack install questions and a few noob questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil pack install questions and a few noob questions.

Hey all,

Replacing my coil packs with MSD Blasters, one has 97k miles on it, one is used with 50k on it, and one I don't have a clue.

Ran into a small problem, space. I've got a 1/4 ratchet, and a 3" extension, but I can't get under the cowl well enough to get this done. So!...

1. Anyone have any suggestions on what tools to use? I'm about to just pull the entire ignition plate to get at the things.

2. I have 8mm spiro pro wires, I think I remember reading somewhere that 8.5mm wires are recommended for the Blasters or are the 8mm ok?

3. I just had the Dex-cool flushed out of my system and replaced with green stuff. I'm noticing when I pull my Radiator cap that there's a black film, kinda like floaties, in the green. Not a whole lot, but it's there. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

4. I bought the Mallory Billet covers for the various fluid caps, but Oil and Washer fluid don't fit tightly. I need to find some adhesive that'll keep them on, but I'll be able to take them off someday. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry, I know these are pretty noobish questions, but I'm kinda new at this.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Coil pack install questions and a few noob questions.

Originally posted by Gatt9 View Post
    Hey all,

Replacing my coil packs with MSD Blasters, one has 97k miles on it, one is used with 50k on it, and one I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    I do not recommend used coil packs, but good luck anyway.

Comment

I think your going to need a 1 1/2" extension to get under the cowl and a 5.5 MM short socket. The 8 MM Spiro pro's should be fine.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
        I do not recommend used coil packs, but good luck anyway.
        Oops, that really could be read the wrong way now that I see it this morning. No, the old coil packs are the crappy ones, the MSD's are brand new. My fault!

BigB,

Thank you again!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X