My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions?

3 oz of Acetone to a full tank of regular gas not ethanol.
    Prefer Shell regular...watch the difference.
    Phil

Comment

But I'd have to drive out of state to fill up on straight gas as everything in oregon is a mandatory 10% ethanol now.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

All gas is 10% ethanol now.
        sigpic

Comment

Well that plan is out the window.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

If you go to any private airport you can buy gasoline they sell for planes
            and it cannot have anything but 100% gasoline by FAA law.
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
              My car has never run this hot before, so I'm noticing something wierd with the oil pressure. On start up and up to the 1/4th mark on the temp gauge (where it used to stop) the oil pressure is right in the middle. But once I'm warmed up, (almost to half now), at idle the oil pressure drops. Here's a quick cell video showing what I'm talking about.

is this normal?
              I too am having an issue with gas mileage that I havent figured out just yet. But as far as your oil pressure goes, my car has the exact same pressure before and after warming up...

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
                If you go to any private airport you can buy gasoline they sell for planes
                and it cannot have anything but 100% gasoline by FAA law.
                It's also around 103 octane, IIRC. Probably won't gain any MPG with that.....
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

okay...just forget it then
                  Phil

Comment

At SuperWalmart today in Oldsmar Florida looking for Velcro.
                    I see this hugh display for Acetone being sold by the gallon.
                    she says, "we used to sell it by the quart but in the last year,
                    we can't keep it on the shelves so we are now selling it by the gallon."
                    2.5 oz to ten gallons of regular gas = more mpg....
                    Phil

Comment

Go watch the episode of MYTH BUSTERS where they tested this and picked up ZILCH!
                      sigpic

Comment

this reminds me of the truck tail gate myth, saying that if you rode with your tail gate down you got more Miles out of a tank

Comment

Thats basically inaccurate when you lower your tail gate you are creating wind drag and that holds the truck back, and it puts more stress on the engine and it has to work more so it can keep a the desired speed.

Comment

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
                            Thats basically inaccurate when you lower your tail gate you are creating wind drag and that holds the truck back, and it puts more stress on the engine and it has to work more so it can keep a the desired speed.
                            What is creating wind drag when the tail gate is down?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                              this reminds me of the truck tail gate myth, saying that if you rode with your tail gate down you got more Miles out of a tank

This really depends on the truck. If you have a short bed extended cab small size truck you probably won't see a difference. But on a full size long bed with the short cab, you will. Even more if the *** of the truck sits a good bit higher than the front. The top of the tailgate catches air then.
                              sigpic

Comment

for crying out loud, get off the stupid acetone bandwagon. Seems like every post of yours is about acetone. Did you buy stock in it or something banking on people falling for the myths?
                                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X