My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My gas mileage has gone down the drain..suggestions?

It was late, exams are upon me, I think I thought it was funny at the time. My attempt at a parody of how half truths become urban legends. I think all the recent talk I've heard about crazy gas saving devices sparked it. Yesterday some guy tried to sell me some snake oil while I was at the gas pump, a few drops he says saves 5 gallons bla bla bla...

My understanding of the full service gas station requirement dates back to when they really did think people couldn't pump their own gas. The idiot proof systems just were not all worked out (see pic below). Today I think it's more about the fact that the legislators are all old people and they reminisce about those good 'ol days, combined with the labor lobbyists who want to preserve one more service job in the community (someone please tell them that doesn't help the GNP).

why full service stations still exist
    Last edited by landj; 04-18-2008, 12:05 PM. Reason: Procrastination

Comment

That auto zone link you have is not for a coil pack and I would just go for MSD after market ones they are cheaper than the stock ones and MSD put out better product accel also puts out a replacement coil pack that is just a little cheaper than the msd

Comment

I have a 2000 with just under 100,000 miles. I was interested in my mileage. I clocked 309 miles using 15 gallons of Shell regular. That translates to 20 mpg. This is driving on surface streets driving slow. I turn off the engine when I know its going to be a long stop light. I have never replaced o2 sensors, same plugs for two years, Mobil 1 oil.++++++ I tried 2 oz of Acetone. I think the Acetone had slight affect on the mileage.
        Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
          I have a 2000 with just under 100,000 miles. I was interested in my mileage. I clocked 309 miles using 15 gallons of Shell regular. That translates to 20 mpg. This is driving on surface streets driving slow. I turn off the engine when I know its going to be a long stop light. I have never replaced o2 sensors, same plugs for two years, Mobil 1 oil.++++++ I tried 2 oz of Acetone. I think the Acetone had slight affect on the mileage.
          change the 02's and plugs and see if it bumps up your mpg.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X