Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine vibration, help!

Hello everyone.

Yeah, my engine starts to vibrate when cold start, than when you start driving you can hear some sort of explosion coming from the engine. But when the engine warms up all that is gone.

Please help me figure out this problem guys.

1995 Firebird 3.4 v6

Here are some pictures showing you guys where that ''explosion (when driving)'' (and mini-explosions when engine is in idle) come from, somewhere in that area is where I hear it.

Also there is this hose( it sucks air) loose that i have no idea where it came from. I noticed it when i was installing my cold air intake.

Last edited by spitfire95; 04-05-2008, 11:54 AM.

Re: Engine vibration, help!

Pre-detonation. Start with plugs/wires/coils. Quickly, as long term that's gonna cause some damage.

Some of the other guys can pick it up from here, I'm thinking that if it's cold it could also be some component that's sticking until oil gets to it.

I suspect the vibration is probably rough idle. Usually, for me, when that happens it's either yet another fried wire or a coil pack that's dead.

Comment

Thanks for reading gatt9.

I added some pics to illustrate my problem.

Last edited by spitfire95; 04-05-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Start with that hose, if it's sucking in air it's a problem. You'll have to figure out where it's supposed to go, I'll try to remember to look when I'm working on my engine tomorrow to see if I see something similiar and let you know.

Comment

The hose that is sucking air comes from the AIR pump. It used to hook to the stock air cleaner. The part you are hearing the explosions from is the EGR valve. It might be a blown EGR gasket or you might need to replace the valve.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry to go off topic here, but what kind of intake is that :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X