Misfiring Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfiring Cylinder

Earlier today I went for a little driver in my car and it started to become a little rough ideling and accelerating. It almost felt as if the tire had blown so I went home checked the tires they seemed fine then thought of what could possibly be wrong. I went and got my code reader and sure enough the 2nd cylinder is misfiring. I went to a local auto shop and bought a new coil pack as this is the usual problem in this case. However, when testing the car it again was not working. Could anyone recommend what I should do next or what the problem could be? I recently installed a CAI which could have some affect on the engine due to perhaps the MAF or o2 sensor. Some help would be appreciated especially since I have to go to work on monday and this is my daily driver.

Thanks

Its a 96 if that helps any.

Re: Misfiring Cylinder

new plugs and wires then try swapping coils around to see if the misfire moves with it, I bought three from summit and one was bad.

Comment

Re: Misfiring Cylinder

Ill be changing the wires and buying new spark plugs tomorrow. Hopefully that will do the trick if not....well I'll just have to figure it out from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X