Need some help with tune up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with tune up

I have a 96 3.8 that has 175,000 miles on it and I want to do a tune up. I am going to change the plugs, wires,and fuel filter. I also want to run some sea foam thru it. so I have a few questions. what tools do i need to do the plugs? I have heard some are hard to get to and you need a special extension? also what do I do with the seafoam? put it in the gas tank? crankcase? or run it thru a vacuum line? any suggestions from people who have done these things before would be helpfull and maybe save me some headaches. thanks.
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Same Camaro here with 180k, gearing up to do the exact same to her. Hopefully someone in the know will fill us in. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2004: Message edited by: fre ]</p>
    1996 Hunter Green Chevrolet Camaro A4 Y87 - 3.8 Series II V6 (200k and still going strong)<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler, SLP Cold Air Intake

Comment

The wires are really easy just pull them off and snap on the new ones. For the plugs there is this rachet lookin thing that has special foam on the inside so it doesnt damage the plugs. You just stick it on and pull the plugs out. I believe the sea foam goes through one of the vaccum lines but dont quote me on this one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X