Port Polish Hone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Polish Hone

ok i did a search, and didnt come up with what i was looking for so i guess it's time to post.

advantages to porting and polishing vs just polishing, and what the heck is honing?

can i do any of This myself? if so, how?
    best done by hand or with dremel?

if not how much does it cost to have this done?

what other things are reccomended while doing this(valve change?) anything else?

[ January 20, 2004: Message edited by: chkptcharlie ]</p>
    Black 97 Camaro T-Tops<br />3800 series II w/ 5 speed manual<br />definately a chick magnet, and i havent even started moding yet ;)<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/chkptcharlie\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/chkptcharlie</a><br />ok so i\'m a nerd... at least i have a nice car

i dont know what ur talking about honing unless its honing the cylinders in the block or the guides in the heads which usually dont need it unless you put new ones in...but to answer the question polishing the ports does just what it says, all it does is take the casting flashing off and make it look pretty but that doesnt make the port flow much more than stock, when you port a set of heads you grind metal out of the ports and shape the inside of the port to flow as much air as possible, i would not suggest doing it urself if you have no experience, its not easy and there are places you should and shouldnt grind on, leave it to a professional...and how much is cost depends where you go and what all you do to the heads
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X