Thumping Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumping Sound

When im driving down the road at about 45mph and try to go faster I hear and feel a thumping from beneath my car. What is it?
    1994 White A4 Z/28<br />Mac Headers, Flowmaster, <br />1LE Intake Boot, TB Bypass,<br />TransGo Shift Kit<p>1995 3.4L A4 Camaro<br />K&N Intake, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust,<br />3.73 gears, B&M Shift Plus<br />30th Anniversary Racing Stripes<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=241488\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=241488</a> SOLD

Could be your fuel pump, could be your rear . . . have you checked to make sure your tires are alright? And I see you have aftermarket exhaust. Check and make sure nothing's loose, then get back to me. ;)

(Nice car!)

Comment

Its your ex girlfriend, she's come back for you and she's mad... don't stop driving, don't ever stop driving!!!!! :eek:

:D

Is it more like a single thump when you press the pedal or does ot oscillate?
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

maybe tranny mount like my friends z28. used to do that when his a4 auto would shift up or down.
        1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

I'd check tranny mount, torque arm mount and U-joints.. also since you proably have a 2 piece driveshaft I'd check out that center bearing also
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X