Need Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help...

Alright this problem has been going on for a while. See, when I punch the gas peddle to keep the flow when I'm entering the freeway, the RPM needle stutters at 3500 rpm (at about 45 mph). It kind of acts like when you reach the rev limiter, but it doesn't stutter as hard. I usually need to let go of the gas peddle and press it again to get up to freeway speeds 65 mph. It feels as if something is disrupting the flow of the car. It's getting annoying, and I don't think it's normal.

Any ideas, as to what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.
    Check out my <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/401661/2\" target=\"_blank\">Domain Site.</a><br /><br />The man who laughs last, is slowest.

may be fuel related check fuel filter and pull the lines on the regulator and see if gas is coming out, if so it needs replaced
    97 Camaro RS<br /><br />\"Just a V6 huh?, let\'s go find out how slow it is\"

Comment

M5 or automatic? Sounds like the gear is slipping. If you "punch it" from a stand still how does it react through each gear, until you get to 65-70 miles an hour?
      Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Linxs: it's automatic...and it happens from a stand still..say I get a red light before entering the freeway...I try to speed up to freeway speeds..but it stutters at around 3.5k to 4k...the gears before work fine, it only acts up, until about 45 mph.

97: I was thinking the same thing, and I noticed that it smells like gas not real bad, but still enough to notice....

Anymore Ideas?

[ April 19, 2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Midknite_Bird ]
        Check out my <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/401661/2\" target=\"_blank\">Domain Site.</a><br /><br />The man who laughs last, is slowest.

Comment

I just got over this problem, it sounds funny but check your battery connections.....my battery cable was totaly coroded and when i fixed it its ran fine ever since. I thought this couldnt have ne thing to do with the problem, but when i talked to a mechanic, he said that it was possible that it was stuttering because the bad connection to the battery was telling the alternator it needed to charge the battery and is pulling alot of energy/power. Juss somin to check before you go big spendin.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago
          • SixShooter'00Camaro
            Revival
            by SixShooter'00Camaro
            Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X