Headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight problem

Heh funky stuff... my passenger side headlight is stuck up sometimes. It goes up just fine, but is stuck up and it takes like 15 times opening and closing for it to go down... sometimes it goes down at once...

I assume it's the motor? If so, wouldn't it fail at once? Man.. I hope it's not wireing cuz I'm gonna be pissed...

How much is the new motor?

sounds like the plastic gear may be worn out, the way the motor is designed it is a worm gear(like a screw) that turns and that moves a plastic gear, well over time that plastic gear wears out. There is a guy that sells a brass CNC machined gear and you can fix your motor with that for about $40 if I remember right, the only problem is that I have done this and the "epoxy" he sends you to put the motor back together with seems to suck because I have used it and the cover for the gear fell back off..

here's the link to see what I'm talking about

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

if it makes noise, then it is the gear.

if not, it is the motor, (doubtful, as it works sometimes)

or it is the headlight control module (black box, with 2 connectors near fuse panel, 4 and 5 pin connectors.

Ryan
      1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Headlight control module was just recently replaced along with headlight gears. Headlight is stuck open randomly. I assume it's wireing or the motor itself... I expect it to stop operating at all very soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X