need help with a focus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with a focus!!!

I wasn't sure to put this on the lounge or here, but it can be moved if needed.

My gf's 2000 Ford Focus has two things that she wants me to fix, and I've gotten all mechanical help here, so I'll ask here first and see if you guys can help me. The first problem is that when she puts on her blinker, either left or right, and she makes the turn, the blinker won't go back to its original position. I'm wondering if it's just a fuse or not, and I haven't had time to really look at it, so I wondered if anyone's ever had that problem before. Next problem is the fact that she can use the heater and A/C, but only when it is on full blast. #1,#2,#3 options are basically non-existent, but as I said, the A/C and heat do work. Any help is appreciated guys, 'cause now that I'll be out of school I'll be able to work on it.

ReNzO
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Re: need help with a focus!!!

The blinker not returning to its position is probably because the device inside the steering column is broken. It's usually a little plastic ring-like thing that latches the turn signal stalk in place until the wheel comes back around to a certain point. That could be scary to work on, given (1) steering columns can be complicated, and (2) the airbag is in there.

For the heat controls, the 1, 2, and 3 options are probably on a resistor(s) that fried, or maybe a ground got disconnected, since three of them don't work. You will need to find where the blower resistors are located, and then test them.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X