More Westers custom programming info - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Westers custom programming info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Westers custom programming info

If you change your PCM you will probably need to get a Crank Position Relearn Procedure done on your car. I guess some people have gotten a new PCM from Westers and have not had to do this but everything I have read says after a PCM swap you need one.

The SES light was blinking on me around 64 mph near (but not at) the time the 2-3 shift should occur (2-3 with Westers programming occurs about 75-78 mph at WOT) and the car would bog down, it would continue blinking for about 10 secs and to get the car to shift into 3rd I would have to let off the throttle. The code being flashed was a Random Cylinder Misfire (P0300) which was obviously the reason my car was bogging down. As soon as I told Westers this they said I need the above mentioned procedure. After I did that the code went away and now the car powers through the 2-3 shift with no problem.

Most diagnostic scanners should be able to accomplish this procedure. The guy who did it for me was able to do it in about 2-3 minutes. He was using a Snap-On diagnostic scanner with the newest upgrade cards (or something like that). I know him so he didn't charge me (I will give him beer) so I don't know what you could expect to pay for this procedure.

I am still having a problem with the 1-2 shift hitting the rev limiter at WOT about 50% of the time which I am still working with Westers on. They were hoping the crank position relearn procedure would fix the 1-2 shift as well but no such luck (I think my car hates me).
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
    by ssms5411
    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
    1 week ago
  • RPDRed6
    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
    by RPDRed6
    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
    3 weeks ago
  • ssms5411
    No start problem
    by ssms5411
    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
    4 weeks ago
  • SixShooter'00Camaro
    Revival
    by SixShooter'00Camaro
    Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X