No announcement yet.

zo6 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm too lazy to read everything here, but some late F-body V8 guys have LS6 blocks in their Camaros and Firebirds. Read this
    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

I have a link somewhere to a thread where a guy did the 3.4-LS1 swap. I'll find it and post it around 10pm central time.
      1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Deuce Bigs:
        i still say the ls1 and ls6 blocks are different. just because they were made outa aluminum doesn't make them the same. the same block to me means it comes from the factory exactly the same as the other one. if you compare the two from the factory they are different. you can go into a parts department and try and buy an ls6 block and tell them you want to pay the ls1 block price cause they are the same block and see what they say.<hr></blockquote>

They are different but not by a lot. Read my posts above. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by David Blalock:
        Did anyone else hear about the rumor of a very small number of F-bodies being illegally fitted with the full LS-6 engine? I think I read somewhere, maybe usenet, that some factory workers got in big trouble for trying to do that to a few cars and hold them till they could sell them for a ton of money. Just rumor to me, wondering if anyone else remembers this.
        David
        <hr></blockquote>

This is complete [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] - Do not believe it. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by daWhoady:
        Very few...but some f-body's late model 02' got the LS6 block and 01-02 LS1's got the LS6 intake.

For LS1-LS6 conversion Package.
        http://www.paceparts.com/subcatmfgpr...8&1=316&2=1094
        <hr></blockquote>

True, but also a few late 01's got the ls6 block too.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:

the body is different ;) , the intake is different, and the exhaust is different. other than that, the engine is STILL an ls1. if you read somewhere that the c5 creates more power than a v8 fbody, remember the power of marketing. no one wants to pay $45k for a vette with the same horsepower as a v8 f-body for $15k less. the engine is one in the same.
        <hr></blockquote>

Also things such as the TB linkage, alternator placement are different.
        [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:

i have personally seen an ls1 fbody with the ls6 intake on it - very bad ***

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]
        <hr></blockquote>

Um - - and ls6 intake manifold looks nothing different then a stock ls1 intake manifold.
        *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Can't we all just get a long please? Still looking for the link just got home from work.

Comment

Found it http://web.camaross.com/bb/Forum14/HTML/012774.html

Comment

Have you guys ever heard of a "white" camaro? Basically it's a bare bones platform that allows you to build a racecar from the ground up.

I am sure you could order the chassis, body, and an LS6 all at once.

But would they assemble it for you?
              I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

no, I've never heard of that... any details or anything? I've tried "googleing" it

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slow-N-ugly:
                  Have you guys ever heard of a "white" camaro? Basically it's a bare bones platform that allows you to build a racecar from the ground up.

I am sure you could order the chassis, body, and an LS6 all at once.

But would they assemble it for you?
                  <hr></blockquote>

I don't think you can buy these from GM anymore. I think they probably stopped doing this before 98.

And if you could, I HIGHLY doubt they would assemble it.
                  *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Normally you can buy a "platform" from a performance parts division. It allows you to build a racecar to suit the class you wish to compete in. That way you don't have to pay for power this-n-that, carpet, radio, A/C, or whatever even a base model would have. It also allows for the use of say a fiberglass body, and opens the door for motor/trany/suspension components of your choice with out having to buy them on a car and take it all off just to replace it with what you need.

Don't hold me 100% on this they may or may not be available anymore and they may or may not have vins and titles.
                    I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X