Foglight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foglight help

My drivers side foglight went out the other day! How would I go about finding out if the bulb blew, or if it is just a short in the wires?
    Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Bulbs are cheap, and more common to go than wires/shorts...

Buy a bulb and swap it... if it works it was the bulb [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's the easiest way... what do you drive?
    I can swap a bulb on my 97 fog lamp in 10 mins....it's really simple.
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ravenp:
      I can swap a bulb on my 97 fog lamp in 10 mins....it's really simple.<hr></blockquote>

Not me. It takes me about an hour to do both sides and a whole lotta yelling!

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ravenp:
        I can swap a bulb on my 97 fog lamp in 10 mins....it's really simple.<hr></blockquote>

Ummm... I had to replace my foglight bulb a couple of weeks ago, and it took me forever too. About an hour, and like you said above... a whole crap load of yelling!
        6 Bangers can be bad too :)<br />Jenni M.<br />\'94 3.4L Medium Green Metallic Camaro

Comment

Yeah, they sure do put a lot of bolts on to hold up a little plastic piece.

The foglight is pretty simple. The blinker bulb always makes me mad though. Especially when I changed my right side and three days later it went out again. The blinker is a little harder because it faces down so when you put it back in you have to sort of do it blindly.
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jenni94v6:

Ummm... I had to replace my foglight bulb a couple of weeks ago, and it took me forever too. About an hour, and like you said above... a whole crap load of yelling!
            <hr></blockquote>

How do you do it? Do you try to go up from underneath? All you need to do is pull the tabs out that allow it to swivel, but only pull the outside one out..the other leave it just in the mount... then unscrew the angle screw/spring and take it out. Then the fog lamp unit is free... pull the bulb out the back and replace and then put the angle screw back in and remount it.

Piece of cake [img]smile.gif[/img]
            1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I'v become an expert at changing DRL bulbs last year, easiest way is drive the car up on some wood to get some clearence and use the hatch under neath.
              ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

It's realtivly easy(on the 93-97 Camaro's), I can do both sides is less than 20 minutes, but I have done it 3 or 4 times before. I
                just get a pair of long skinny needle nose pliers and a screwdriver and follow the technique that Ravenp uses. If you drop a clip its no big deal, just take a few screws out of the splash guard and hold it down and hit on the bottom of the bumper and knock the push clip towards the side your on and it should fall out of get close enough to grab it. Or just totally take the splash guard off if you can't get it out, it's not like they are hard to get off. Here's the link I used when I first replaced my lights http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/fogs.htm
                1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

I've had to change mine a couple of times. The first few were a disaster, took forever. Now it just takes me like 3 mins to change one. Practice makes perfect! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  98 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98</a>

Comment

I simply replaced mine with a set I got from AutoZone for 40 bucks, wired right into the stock wires and bam.
                    1996 Hunter Green Chevrolet Camaro A4 Y87 - 3.8 Series II V6 (200k and still going strong)<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler, SLP Cold Air Intake

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X