Need additional T Top help *leaking* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need additional T Top help *leaking*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need additional T Top help *leaking*

I already sprayed silicone spray on my t tops and they leaked 2 times but then didnt leak for a while. Today when leaving from work I saw water had dripped in. When i hit the brakes a lot of water came out onto my passenger seat.

It appears to be leaking right by the windshield (where it meets the part closest to windshield)... but I am not sure from where exactly. I thought the little drain thingie was clogged but it isnt since I checked them by pouring water in it before.

Anything else I can try to treat the rubber with before I take it to a shop?

Thanks
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

I took my car in 6 times under warranty to fix my t-tops from leaking
    the adjusted my a-pillar down, changed weather strip and I'm sure a few other things three different dealerships and it never got fixed. So now everytime I go through a car wash i have a rag ready to catch the water before it sprays in my car.
    Sucks, but there's nothing I can do now.
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

My driver side top leaked pretty bad, but then I lost it on the highway after I forgot to latch it one day. I picked up a reconditioned top and have had no trouble with it, so I'm guessing most of the problems have to be solved in the top itself. But, I can't tell by looking what's different between the old top and the new.

Comment

take off your door panel and adjust the window. you can change the tilt angle on it where it will seal up better. there is an adjuster in the front and in the back. just don't do it too much or you put the window in a bind. it won't take much anyway to get it to angle in enough to stop the leaks.

Comment

i never drive with my t-tops off anymore so i just took a tube of the black weatherstrip sealeant for like windshields and put a bead of it all the way around the t-tops.
          1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Comment

I dont have to worry about all that I got a hard top, but then on those nice sunny summer days..... [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
            -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

hmmm,heard that subframes help stop leaking...
              99 3.8 a4,Xenon kit,eagle 077,wingswest wing,halo headlights,gen3 altezzas,clearlenses,SLP flowpac,Predator ram air hood,RKsport carbon grille,POS flowmaster 3in catback,160 hypertech 160stat <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics3/MVC-015S.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics3/MVC-015S.JPG</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago
              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                Revival
                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X