Check engine light... whats your guess... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check engine light... whats your guess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it should read stored codes, but if you didn't have a code, it could have just been misfire.

I know the autozone scanner read my maf code, when i started the car, with it disconnected earlier in the week. Maf value low.

But i had the check engine light on from the blown air pump fuse.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

But generally with a misfire, doesn't it register a misfire on a cylinder?

I coudl have sworn it woudl specifically tell you of a misfire on a cylinder...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
        But generally with a misfire, doesn't it register a misfire on a cylinder?

I coudl have sworn it woudl specifically tell you of a misfire on a cylinder...
        <hr></blockquote>

Yes, it will tell you the cylinder it misfired on.
        2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

some just spark my mind, after i did my headers, i took it out for a spin, well it was doing what yours was doing, i found one plug craked and arching from the plug to the block, put in new plug, still same thing. was at a party and was showing off my headers, then i saw it, 1 more craked plug, put it in and every thing was fine

SES did not blink (was on solid), i could rev the car all day sitting there, and it wouldn't miss or anything, but soon as the motor had a load on it, putt putt putt, ran like crap, and i couldn't get it past 4500 rpm becuase of the miss. the PCM will flash codes to you too

turn car off
          take out radio fuse
          and turn key to start 3 times should flash codes

check you owner maunle to do this i can't remeber eveything
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Lets assume they are misfiring, and my warranty doesn't cover it...

think this solution would work?

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=78028

Comment

I accually had almost the same problem...

I had two spark plug wires on the top that had been wearing out each other, they eventually started to short out on each other. I replaced the wires, used split loom on each wire. I've accually been having some of the plug wires coming of the accual spark plug also...
              CaLi<br />-=|Sinister Six|=-<br /><a href=\"http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=756425\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Chevy Camaro Pewter</a><br />Have you ever wanted to know what happens<br />to a 3.8l v6 when you are doing 90mph in <br />2nd gear at 6000 rpm? pics to come soon...

Comment

Oddly enough its been running like a bat out of hell today... guess it just needed an autocross to get the oil pumping... I have been babying the car a bit recently...

It makes no sense but seems my cars run best when I run them hard... on a consistant basis [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X