running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running hot

i drive a '00 camaro 5spd. when i'm idling my temp gage starts climbing. under normal driving it stays at 210. i figure it's only cause i'm not moving, but i'm not sure.

Re: running hot

check your radiator fans to see if they're coming on.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i hear them. dont know if that means that they're on.

Comment

Did you ever get out and look?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Hey man flush your radiator!!!! Then see if that happens and if that doesn't work like he said make sure ur fans are comming on. It's gotta be ur fans though that why it runs hot at idle because there is no air gettin to the radiator and when you drive there is "some" air getting to the Radiator which kinda keeps you at 210, but when ur sitting without your fans your car is just gonna run hot. Next time you turn your car on try turning on your heat and see if it runs hot.

Comment

if it runs at 210* and if it stays at 210* then your fans are probably working, stock fans kick on at 221* and off at 214* thats whats keeping it from going higher. once the engine is that hot it takes a while before it would get down to the thermo temp
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

i just got my radiator replaced. i have no heater core right now. long story.

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930 View Post
                So you're just running a loop on your heater hoses?
                Y87 Package
                MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                BONE APPROVED!
                VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                Team Black...TEAM EMO
                sigpic
                Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

210* is normal for sitting in traffic. Nothing wrong with your car at all.

Comment

Did any of you guys read it correctly?? When he's just sitting it starts to climb above 210. When he drives it then goes down to 210 correct? Yeah. Like I said before, just let it sit in the driveway and see if the fans are coming on how they should. By the way, have you had any tunes or programming done to your pcm? Also, if your radiator was just replaced someone could have made some kind of mistake and didn't even connect the fans back up. Or somehow messed that all up. Who knows.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930 View Post
                      make sure the coolant system is bled

Comment

the fans come on. the coolant was bled out and replaced. when it climbs it levels at about 230ish. never had it sitting still long enough to see if it goes down though.

Comment

whats the long story, maybe that could give us some hints/help to help you
                          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Def bleed the air out, mine was doing the same exact thing, 1 cause was that the bumper lip came down and was blocking any air from going across the rad,2) was that i replaced a hose and filled it without bleeding it, took it out yesterday would go close to 260 and then come down to 210 and go back up, it was from air in the system, try bleeding it again or flushing it ...good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X