fuel filter/transmission fluid change? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel filter/transmission fluid change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter/transmission fluid change?

Ok well I went in to get the oil changed and they told me it's about time to get my transmission fluid changed as well as the fuel filter. My car only has 40,000 on it. I thought the fuel filter and the tranny fluid weren't suppossed to be changed until around 60,000. ANy feedback here would be great. By the way is there anything else I should do at 40,000?
    If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

You can get factory recs from your owner's manual.

I change the fuel filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles. Simple to do. Assuming your car is auto, fluid and filter should be changed every 25,000 miles eventhough the factory says change it at 100,000 miles.
    2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

I was under the impression you should change your fuel filter every 30,000 miles. And it's an easy thing to do. As long as u don't mind getting fuel all over the place!

Oh, and make sure you turn it the right way... righty tighty lefty loosy
      Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

sweet thanks for the good feedback so far. I had a dodge ram before this and they told me the fuel filter didn't need to be changed till around 60,000..but that's probably b/c was such a pain to do it(you had to drop the fuel tank to do it). Where is the fuel filter at on the fbody?I am an idiot with maintenance...that's why you guys are here to help me out.
        If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PonyPounderV6:
          Where is the fuel filter at on the fbody?<hr></blockquote>

fuel filter is on the drivers side, after the rear axle, but before the front tires. Kind of somewhere in the area where the rear passenger sits,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X