What does the ABS Inop light mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the ABS Inop light mean?

Yesterday I was riding and the ABSInop light lit up on my 94' Camaro Does anybody know what that means and how I can fix it?

Re: What does the ABS Inop light mean?

Obviously, for some reason, your ABS (anti-locking brake system) is Inoperable.

Comment

could be an ABS sensor failed. If the light didn't turn on when your turned your car on next time i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comment

^^ Agreed. When it's on, it alerts you that the ABS is disabled (or the computer detected a fault in the system and disabled it). Mine came on a few times, finally figured out it was just a dirty electrical connector to a sensor.

Comment

Thanx I honestley can't stand lights on my dash board being on so ima look into it

Comment

Mine came on a few years back, took it to the dealership. Initially they thought it was a bad wheel speed sensor, turned out to be a back ABS control module.

Comment

Check your spoiler brake light. If that lamp is out, it will trigger an ABS INOP light. The other options are wheel speed sensors and the ABS control module.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Could be the airbag sensor, i remember in my dads blazer that went bad and it set off the ABS inopperable light too.

Comment

Mine came on for no certain reason when I was trying to get up my slick *** snow covered driveway in the winter. I'm guessing it didn't like all that wheel spinning or moisture got somewhere bad. I'm not entirely certain but it went out after a 20 second drive.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                    Check your spoiler brake light. If that lamp is out, it will trigger an ABS INOP light. The other options are wheel speed sensors and the ABS control module.
                    Thats strange and fishy works.
                    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

yea... my third brake light is out... stupid ABS lights on too... doesn't bother me too much, so ill fix it when i get the chance

Comment

wtf thats rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                          wtf thats rediculous
                          ive heard it before him... and it would appear that way with my car... eventually ill fix the bulb and find out :D

Comment

mine were out when i got the car the abs light did not come on
                            could be a model year difference,

whats up with that stupid low traction light, that only come on when im having fun, and what moron cant tell when they have traction or not?

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
                              mine were out when i got the car the abs light did not come on
                              could be a model year difference,

whats up with that stupid low traction light, that only come on when im having fun, and what moron cant tell when they have traction or not?
                              the same kind of people who drive mustangs into their fathers garage....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X