trunk rattle !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trunk rattle !!!

Has anyone figured anything out yet on fixing that noise when you hit a bump and your trunk rattles or squeeks. Besides turning the knobs a bit?????
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

my hatch does that too, id like to know a answer.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

I had a problem with a noise coming from that area last year. Turned out it was my back seat and not the trunk. Try driving with the back seat down... if the problem still happens, then put some (I use seafoam) type of lubricant (wd-40 even) onto the hinge of the trunk (it's up and behind the roof of the car).

... it's just a suggestion... no guarentees (good luck!)

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
      <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Have you checked your spare tire? Usually, when my car starts squeaking, its the spare tire thats getting a little loose and rubbing on the metal in the trunk well. Tighten it up and the squeak shoudld go away.
        1979 Z28 Camaro, 1 of 10,000 Factory 4 speeds. <br />1994 Camaro Sport Coupe, M5<br />Best ET: 15.31@91.5 (25 hp NOS)

Comment

I used white lithium on the trunk latch and on the lift bar... that fixed it for me

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I put some electrical tape on the metal latch that the trunk door hooks onto. It hasn't rattled since.
            -Jeff<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/punk3/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">1993 Camaro</a>-3.4 A4, Gray, T-Tops <br />Mods: <br />Flowmaster 80 series,K&N Filtercharger,!air silencer<br />AC Rapidfire plugs,Borg-Warner Select wires,Prime Five Spoke Alloys,Sony Xplod CA650X head unit, Xplod speakers.

Comment

I have that same problem, it is coming from the rear passenger side... never thought of checking the tire... thanks for the heads-up.
              1995 3.4L A4 Firebird White w/T-Tops *SOLD*<br />**NEW CAR**<br />2004 White Cavalier Coupe<br />2.2l ECOtec 5 speed

Comment

check spare tire and make sure it's secure

Also make sure your antenna is completely tight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X