Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need help!! why 14MPG

Originally posted by motoservdog View Post
    where can i get this MSD Distributorless Ignition System - 4? i searched msd's website and could no find this part.
    look harder its there, under distributorless ignition system
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by FastRidesOnly.com View Post
      i get horrible gas mileage too. i'm gonna replace the o2s and see what that does. i already have new oil, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires.
      My 3.4L mileage is getting worse as well. I am planning to change the O2 sensors also and see if it improves.

Right now I am getting about 15-16 local driving and 19-20 pure highway driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrymhemenez View Post
        dont ever put acetone in your gas tank Thats Stupid That is a dumb myth
        I did a lot of reading on it and though I'd give it a try since I was going to be burning two tanks of gas within two days. Although acetone is a pretty benign chemical, especially compared to gasoline, I didn't want to leave it sitting in my tank for weeks on end. I think all it really does is raise the octane rating of the fuel. So it's probably like running premium, which reduces mileage.

Normal mileage for my Bird is 23 city and 26-27 highway. It has an auto and 3.42's.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

its wierd...I almost double my km on the highway...I can get anywhere from 350-400km mostly city...pure highway like 650km to a tank....and that was when I had 3.08's and doing about 130...

went on a long trip the other day with the 3.90s still got 487 highway but still had half a tank...filled up with a 1/4 of a tank left at 505 km....if I hadda stayed pure highway I coulda easily got 650 again as I only put in 46 litres when I usually put in 52....and when I hopped off the highway I had a 1/2 tank so...guranteed 650...but this time it was at 110km/h lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

i get horrible mileage too. if anyone finds something that helps then let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
              I did a lot of reading on it and though I'd give it a try since I was going to be burning two tanks of gas within two days. Although acetone is a pretty benign chemical, especially compared to gasoline, I didn't want to leave it sitting in my tank for weeks on end. I think all it really does is raise the octane rating of the fuel. So it's probably like running premium, which reduces mileage.

Normal mileage for my Bird is 23 city and 26-27 highway. It has an auto and 3.42's.
              How does running premium reduce mileage? I disagree. Greatly.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

^it doesn't. The poster simply changed his driving habits, without a conscious effort to do so.

Comment

i've got a 93 3.4 with 90k miles on it and fully upgraded intake & exhaust and ignition (coils, wires, plugs)

and i still only get 17 mpg's. so suck it up cuz driving a hot car means u got to pay to drive a hot car.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                    i've got a 93 3.4 with 90k miles on it and fully upgraded intake & exhaust and ignition (coils, wires, plugs)

and i still only get 17 mpg's. so suck it up cuz driving a hot car means u got to pay to drive a hot car.

Yes, I do agree. I have decided to put off the O2 sensor change. I feel that I would rather spend the money on gas. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort. The change will not really be that great.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                      Yes, I do agree. I have decided to put off the O2 sensor change. I feel that I would rather spend the money on gas. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort. The change will not really be that great.
                      your right, you might not even notice a change, however i would seriousl reccomend that if you are running rich, find out which bank of cylinders it is in and at least change that sensor out. Because that WOULD give you better mpg's if it could fix that prob. btw, 20 $ for 02 sensors is not as bad as what the 3.8 guys have to pay :rock:

Comment

well out of the blue the car now is getting around 20 - 24 mpg i havent had a chance to do anything to it so i dont know whats up with the thing.

Comment

i probably get about 9 mpg

Comment

i probably get about 9 mpg

wow that sucks my dads excursion gets 14 - 19, and that is with a v10.

Comment

is it just because the engine is so old? what would improve the gas mileage? i've did everything else.'

can i change my fuel injectors, is it easy and would that help? and how much are they?

Comment

is it just because the engine is so old? what would improve the gas mileage? i've did everything else.'

can i change my fuel injectors, is it easy and would that help? and how much are they?
                                Fuel injectors, only about 650 for a set of six. I think it might be cheaper to run seafoam treatment.

9mpg? What is "everything else"? This thread is a little old, so I'm not exactly following.
                                What mods have you done?
                                Last edited by landj; 08-06-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X