want horsepower....question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want horsepower....question

I have a 98 v6 camaro A4 and already have a k&n filter, whisper lid and flowmaster 40 series exhaust. What other fairly cheap horsepower mods can i do? Also are jet chips worth the money and does anyone know if the turbonator works? www.turbonator.com A little help would be great!
    white 98 v6 camaro A4

i heard its junk. try MSD. its like 400 bucks but it gives better gas milage and more power (like 10 or sumthing like that) cheaper would be a cold air intake from like SLP which will run you like 100 bucks. you'll just have to clean out ur k&n more often
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

i was thinking about the turbonator thing also, but in the front of our throttle bodys we have a screen that is designed to straighten the air coming in so the maf senser can read the amout. So why get the air spinning in a vortex when your jest going to straighten it again. And if you remove that screen the car will not run well, and if you install this turbonator im sure the car will run even worse. I WOULD NOT BUY IT, maybe for other cars its ok, but not ours.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

sounds right to me...how about the jet chip or some kind of performance chip...anyone know if they work?
        white 98 v6 camaro A4

Comment

What gears do you have?
          1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

stock gears i wanted to ask that too...wut are good gears to change to, how much do they cost, how do they effect gas milage, and how do they effect speed of each gear meaning taller or short
            white 98 v6 camaro A4

Comment

please not the turbonator again, that thing is so scammish and OLD.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

the terminator rocks oh the turbonator well if you want you can send me $60 bucks i'll put it to better use than they would. just get a cai kit from k&n or slp along with headers

Comment

'stock gears' don't tell us much. some hars have as low as 3.42. that is not a bad gear ratio to have and more importantly it will help you decide how low you want to go...3.73 or all the way down to 4.10.

you need tuning software to calibrate rear ratio below 3.42.

i wouldn't bother with chips.

think about headers. those log manifolds you have now are pretty poor.

after headers it starts to get much more involved and pricey....(cam/valvetrain/port and polish or forced induction)
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods
                  Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X