Camaro wont start...pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro wont start...pls help

Well it started as i was going to the car wash today. The battery needle started goin left and right and my odometer was flashing and soon after my car loses power. My first thought oh the battery is dead(the battery is about 3 and a half years old) . I was lucky enough to be pulling into the carwash as the car died so i pop the hood and take out the battery. So i called someone to take me to autozone to check the battery. As it turns out the battery is just fine. I dont know what it is i think it could be the starter im not sure. Can anyone shine some light PLZ!!!!!

Re: Camaro wont start...pls help

Alternator?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

it could be it has 130,000 miles on it i dont think it has been replaced

Comment

Originally posted by KyleCamaro08 View Post
        Well it started as i was going to the car wash today. The battery needle started goin left and right and my odometer was flashing and soon after my car loses power. My first thought oh the battery is dead(the battery is about 3 and a half years old) . I was lucky enough to be pulling into the carwash as the car died so i pop the hood and take out the battery. So i called someone to take me to autozone to check the battery. As it turns out the battery is just fine. I dont know what it is i think it could be the starter im not sure. Can anyone shine some light PLZ!!!!!
        Well, it is not the starter for sure.

First, check the drive belt. If it is good, sounds like you need a new alternator like TheGr8Schlotzky said.

Comment

Yeah I had that problem with with My truck and it would shut off at idle and the battery gauge would go all the way down then up I replaced the alternator but it still did as it happens the postive cable got lose but if your connets are tight I'd say it sounds like your alternator. To make sure head down to a Mechanic and they'll make sure your alernator is giving a big a Enough charge.

Comment

My bet is alternator. Nothing to keep the battery charged, battery goes dead really quick without one.
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment