Wheel bearing replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing replacement

I think one of my wheel bearings are going bad. Grinding kinda high pitched noise that goes away after a little bit of driving. I have a few questions.

I've read that there's not a whole lot involved when replacing bearings. Something about 4 bolts and a quick swap. But would I need hub grease or anything like that? We always change the hub grease at work when we replace bearings on trailers during break jobs. Or are they oil bearings?

Is there a difference between front bearings and rear bearings? I'm looking at rockauto.com and the prices for wheel bearings are anywhere from 10-30 bucks. And it says they're rear wheel, I don't see one specifically for front wheels. I don't know specifically what it means by rear wheel though because that could be a description for a few different things.

I'll check in my haynes manual on how to change this stuff but other than that is there anything else I should be aware of? Like a seal maybe?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Wheel bearing replacement

IIRC the haynes manual doesnt tell you how to replace them

i do know that they are non serviceable bearings, meaning you cant take it out and repack them with grease (or according to my friend they arent)

i hope this helps a bit, as i have never done them myself, but probably will soon

Comment

damn haynes. Well, new grease would be needed with new bearings right? I wasn't thinking about just changing the grease. Is there even grease?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

make sure to back those things with bearing greese!

there is never too much lube lol
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

F'n.. well it might be my pads not backing off of my rotors. I've done enough brake jobs for this car. I think it's time to quit cheapin out and get some slotted rotors and nice pads.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
            there is never too much lube
            I think I've found my new sig quote.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse