Gas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas cap

Thanks I'll give them a call tomorrow if there open.

Comment

do they make a gas cap strap? i hate taking mine off and thinking i might forget it

Comment

try the junkyard

Comment

Here in AZ they inspect your gas cap for dry rot. Now I cant imagine finding a fairly new firebird with a fresh cap sitting in the junker or pick a part in for you guys that keep suggesting that. Its gotta be new its seems like my cap fails every 2 yrs and this one sat for 6 months so its crap. Just throwing that out there, lol its gotta be new.

Comment

You'd be surprise what you can fine at the junkyard. I picked up a set of magnaflow tips along with a flowmaster exhaust for a $100 the exhaust or the tips did not look beat up at all. And it sounds great, but just go to see if you can find one at the junkyard you never what you can find.

Comment

napa had the locking gas cap f
              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

how do u know if your gas cap is failing? whats the signs? codes?

Comment

the cap seal would be cracked all around. ideally your gas cap should be good for the majority lifespan of the car, but weather effects it. I got an ses light that threw the code about the gas cap. It turns out that didnt tighten the gas cap on time and drove a long while with out the cap on right. stupid me. thats how i got the light. i figured id just change it to a lovking cap anyway. i think it was 10$
                  Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

i get bad gas mileage, i was just thinking that could be the problem.

believe it or not, i bought my firebird with no gas cap. i had to get one from a guy that parts out wrecked trans ams.

Comment

the rubber seal is cracked all the way around on mine. just minor cracks.
                      so this could cause my bad gas mileage due to evaporate maybe?

Comment

this one is 22 at napa

Comment

Doubt that bad cap would give you bad gas milage, I bought a locking stant from Oreilly, year after I bought it it had cracks all around, but no codes or nothing (yet). Evaporation shouldn't be enough to give you bad gas mileage. Personally I like the guys that stick rags over their gas filler, sort of a molatov cocktail look.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X