SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT

Hey guys my SES light came on during my drive to work . Called the dealer and can't get it in till next tuesday. My question is can I drive my car till then, it seems to be runnig ok so far?
    Randy
    97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

If its not a flashing SES light you should be fine, and I would take it to autozone and have it scanned way before taking it to the dealer!

Comment

Autozone = Free diagnosis
      Dealer = Probably $80 to just scan
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I'll try autozone after work , if it's a sensor will they have the parts I need?
        Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by 97SILVERBIRD:
          I'll try autozone after work , if it's a sensor will they have the parts I need?
          Thanks again for your help.
          More than likley they will. If you can stay away from the dealer, cost is way high. More times often than not like Nachius said "if you are not flashing it is okay to resume driving" Hit tha zone, find out the issue-things usually work okay from there. Keep us posted
          -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Went to autozone and they did a check and I had a code for the cam sensor , cost me $40 and five minutes to put in. You guys saved me a good chunck of change. Super job leading me the right way
            THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT 3 DAY WEEKEND

Comment

Originally posted by 97SILVERBIRD:
              Went to autozone and they did a check and I had a code for the cam sensor , cost me $40 and five minutes to put in. You guys saved me a good chunck of change. Super job leading me the right way
              wait cam senors take at least 2 hours to get in

BTW always check your gas gap i had a cracked one and it set off a SES light.
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

lol, he might have meant something else. something alittle easier to get to.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

How does cam positon sensor sound,it's on the block just behind the pully,sorry for the confusion .

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97SILVERBIRD:
                    wait cam senors take at least 2 hours to get in </font>[/QUOTE]If it takes you 2 hours to change the CMP Sensor, something's wrong:

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
                    2. Disconnect the electrical connector from camshaft position sensor.
                    3. Remove the camshaft position sensor retaining screw.
                    4. Remove the camshaft position sensor.

Edit: #5. http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/L36_Diagram.jpg
                    Matt
                    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

98 Where are you pulling those diagrams from? That's the second one I've seen.
                      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Originally posted by Christian:
                        98 Where are you pulling those diagrams from? That's the second one I've seen.
                        Sorry, I missed your post. It's from the GM Service Manual CDs. ;)
                        Matt
                        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X