window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window problem

ok so today i was driving to work and iv never had a problem with my window. when i got off work my window wouldnt go down. i turned the car off and on and ity went a lil bit. it works a lil and then stops. works a lil then stops. whats my problem? what needs to be replaced and how much will it cost?

Re: window problem

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
    ok so today i was driving to work and iv never had a problem with my window. when i got off work my window wouldnt go down. i turned the car off and on and ity went a lil bit. it works a lil and then stops. works a lil then stops. whats my problem? what needs to be replaced and how much will it cost?
    you need a new window motor. u can get one at autozone for 65 bucks with a life time warrenty.

Comment

its not the regulator? whats the regulator dude? but it worked this morning and my passenger one works. anyway it could be the buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
        its not the regulator? whats the regulator dude? but it worked this morning and my passenger one works. anyway it could be the buttons?
        no the window regulator is what the motor goes onto and thats just to keep the window on track. it could be the switch but i dought it. take the switch out and clean it with rubbing alcohol and see if it fixes it

Comment

Your window did exactly what mine did but eventually it stopped working fairly soon after it started acting up. I'd suggest replace it asap before you get stuck with it down in a rainstorm.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

dying window motors are all too common with these cars. 95% chance the window motor is on it's way out. Replace it with a lifetime warrantied one and you'll be fine.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
              no the window regulator is what the motor goes onto and thats just to keep the window on track. it could be the switch but i dought it. take the switch out and clean it with rubbing alcohol and see if it fixes it
              had the same exact problem with my dads car (not f body though) and it was the switch

anyways, im still guessing it is the motor since i have never heard of a switch going bad on our cars

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                had the same exact problem with my dads car (not f body though) and it was the switch

anyways, im still guessing it is the motor since i have never heard of a switch going bad on our cars
                it did on my 95 i was so piss replace the motor then found out it was the switch

Comment

Not to thread hijack, but where do you get a window motor with lifetime warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
                    Not to thread hijack, but where do you get a window motor with lifetime warranty?
                    i got mine at autozone

Comment

I got my drivers side at carquest, and my passenger at autozone, both lifetime. Just ask wherever you end up going if they have the lifetime warranty. Generally they are all the same price anyway, but certain stores don't offer the warranty.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
                        it did on my 95 i was so piss replace the motor then found out it was the switch
                        yeah, the weird thing is my dads car ONLY did it when he used the double switch

if you didnt press it down all of the way it worked fine, but if you used the switch it took about 30 min to get the window to go up

Comment

just did mine this weekend. total nightmare but got it done. i paid 43 bucks for mine at advanced autoparts w/ lifetime warranty.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                            just did mine this weekend. total nightmare but got it done. i paid 43 bucks for mine at advanced autoparts w/ lifetime warranty.
                            I'm with ya on that. One of the hardest things I've ever had to replace. Total pain in the ***.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

my GF has a 95 grand prix and she paid like 70-80 for her drivers side window. im thinking of going to those guys. is that a bad deal for it installed?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X