Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: window problem

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
    my GF has a 95 grand prix and she paid like 70-80 for her drivers side window. im thinking of going to those guys. is that a bad deal for it installed?
    For as much pain as it was. No that's not a bad deal at all.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

well considering im not allowed to work on my car at my house (gay azz stepdad). i kinda have to have someone else do it.

Comment

wtf? if it's your car why would it matter? is there a write up for the motor install? (sorry for the threadjack)

Comment

my stepdad says its his house his rules. hes a *** and my parents are getting a devorce

Comment

ya theres a write up for doing it. i used it but it was still a pain in my a$$. ive got cuts all up and down my goddamn hand/arm from the fiberglass and they hurt like a biotch.

80 bucks is cheap as hell for someone to do it for you.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Oh come on, it's not that bad. I've replaced 3 on my car, each time took less time. First time maybe an hour, second and third probably 20-30 minutes. Sure, it's a pain to drill the rivets out and get your arms up there and line everything up, but it's quite near the bottom of hardest things I've done on my car list.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ya its not that bad i did my first swap at 15 so im sure u can do it.

Comment

i dont have the tools to get it done. now the guy wants 60$ in labor if i bring the parts. thats not that bad considering i cant do it. also are u guys sure its my motor? i dont wanna buy the wrong part and waste my money. he said from his sources it would be 100$ for the motor and 215$ for the regulator. WTF. i know i can get a motor and regulator for cheaper.

Comment

you just need a motor. 55-65 bucks at autozone or pepboys or any similar store should have one with a warantee on it. 60 bucks labor isnt bad, thats about one shop hour.. and thats about how long it would take. ive got it down to a science now.. ive done at least 12 motors on multiple cars and can do a motor in about 25 minutes. haha. however i dont have this problem at all on my car... i converted to manual windows. ahhhh i love it.
                    Dave:
                    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X