heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads

hey whats up everyone? its seven. anyways i was intrested on buying headers for my 2000 ws6. just wanted to know what gets me more hp the long tube or the short tube. cool thanks.

Re: heads

:D long

Comment

whats the difference? Long tube is...longer? wouldn't that make more backpressure? I dunno, never figured this one out. I hear long sounds better though!

Comment

Longtubes fore sure. You also might want to check www.ls1tech.com if you're interrested in info for LS1 cars.

The difference between a long tube and short tube is the length of the primaries. The idea is to separate the exhaust bursts from each cylinder. By giving them a longer tube to travel through, the exhaust from each primary tube reaches the collector separately, and at a higher velocity. With shorty headers, the air from the primaries has a tendency to "crash" at the collectors and produce a small amount of turbulence.

Thats my understanding of the theory anyway.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X