intake gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake gasket

ok i havent done much engine work on these 3.8s and i realized today that i need to replace my intake gasket. how difficult is it? it seems that with the engine half under the cowl, it would be a major pain to do really anything to it but ive heard people say it really doesnt get in the way. so is it that hard to take these apart? or is it easier than it seems like it will be?

Re: intake gasket

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
    how difficult is it?
    which one are you going for?

Comment

i also want to replace my intake gasket. but there are two i think upper and lower. might as well do both 'ey?
      Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

it not that hard at all just hard on the back leaning so far into the engine bay i have done it to many times. If you change the lower intake gaskets you just have to make sure that the you put enough silicone on the ends of the valleys were the 2 gaskets meet the middle little gasket and under and into of that piece to because it will leak oil if you dont do that.

Comment

Yea, its really not all that hard to do at all, I was dreading getting under there and doin it, but it went very smoothly. Made a big difference in the way my engine ran. Is hell on the back though like 99turbocamaro said...

You should get two sets of gaskets when you do this job... the lower intake gaskets, and the upper intake gasket set which is otherwise known as the plenum gasket set. Between those two sets of gaskets, you will have everything you need... EXCEPT...

There is a little 90 degree plastic elbow that connects the bottom of the lower intake to the heater hose assembly... this hose will break during disassembly if it hasnt already. Just go to any KNOWLEDGEABLE parts store with a "Help" section and there is a package of 2 plastic elbows, one of which you will not need. Its like 3 bux or so... I would change that elbow either way while your in there...

Oh, and while you in there... if you havent already done so.. go ahead and change out the injector o-rings while you have the fuel rail out.

Comment

it's easy. had mine apart and back together in under 2 hours with clean up
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Its a peach, I just did mmine not too long ago
              Y87 Package
              MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
              Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
              BONE APPROVED!
              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
              Team Black...TEAM EMO
              sigpic
              Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

sounds good. thanks guys

Comment

I thought it sucked,

After working on my 5.0, then doing the intake gasket on the Camaro I came to the conclusion I don't want to own another 4th gen again.

My advice buy new lower intake manifold bolts, I had one snap on my under the cowl and I had to pull the head.

Also purchase new lower intake coolant elbows because yours will break.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X