intake ideas ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake ideas ???

Ive been reading about the different things people have done to either modify the stock intake or custom make their own. by the way i own a 2000 3.8l V6
    I'm just curios as to what if we just attached a piece of straight tubing metal, rubber, silicone, w/e to an open filter similar to that of the K&N Fipk if that would work similarly to that of the Fipk.
    if not does anyone have any suggestions as to which mods work whether its moding the original or customizing a new one? Thanks

Re: intake ideas ???

It's a good idea to save up 100 bucks and just buy the whisper airlid. It doesn't look cheap like half of the hack jobs people have done to their cars. The stock airlid is in a good place to pick up air away from the hot under hood temps too. Save yourself and your car some shame and just buy a damn lid. If you can afford it then sure, go with the FIPK. But for pete sakes don't hack job the intake!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

no i never planned to make it look like **** if anything i was most likely going to buy the whisper lid and the K&n drop in but i was just curious to see what people think because theres a sway some say free ram air , others say buy the cheap **** off ebay and fit it to your needs and others say buy the whisper. I just want amp up the intake and get rid of the restrictive lid and baffles.

Comment

if your 2000, ebay probably won't have anything worth it. I shaved my lid with pliers and sandpaper, it looks alright, but if you can afford it (I can't) the whisper lid is a better bet. K&N drop in is a solid improvement.

Comment

yea well i can probably scrap up a hundred dollars in the next few weeks
          thanks for the input

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X