Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting articles

via wikipedia
    list and discussion of gas additives: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_additive

and heres some talk about acetone: http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/u...0;t=000594;p=1

acetone has been to interest of a lot of people because of fuel efficiency, but it appears to be bunk. I wonder if it could help with hp? heheheh
    looks like it would do more for a carb, than f. inj, but I might throw a bit in next time I can afford to fill up.

Re: Some interesting articles

I tried the acetone thing over two tanks of gas on a road trip, and it did not do anything. Actually it decreased mileage a little. I wonder if, because the octane rating of acetone is about 150, it probably turned the regular 87 gas I used into premium.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

my english professor refused to accept any sources from wikipedia... it's just not a credible source for information.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
        my english professor refused to accept any sources from wikipedia... it's just not a credible source for information.
        thats bs, its much more credible than most encyclopedias. however, this is the wrong place for a rant.

the acetone has some interesting chemistry, but the effect is better vaporization, something we're already getting pretty well thanks to fuel injectors.

Also makes me wonder how fuel oxegenation works?

Comment

Mythbusters just did the Acetone thing. They busted everything they tried.
          Last edited by Bonemaro; 06-26-2008, 04:43 PM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
            Mythbusters just did the Acetone thing. They busted every they tried.
            yep. but that was on efficiency right? they put that thing on a dyno?

Comment

Yeah, they were driving it on a dyno.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X