Did he do something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did he do something wrong?

I had a mechanic change my fuel filter and ever since then it hesitates to start every once in a while I have to hold the the key for about four seconds and some time it starts right up but all he did was take a pair of pilers and took it off put the new one in and I was out the door and I have this probelm. was he supposed to Pressurize it or something? I don't know a hack alot about cars thats why I'm asking you guys even if it does sound silly lol and is there something I can do to fix this it's kinda of embarrassing.

Thanks guys

Re: Did he do something wrong?

i changed mine and i went by what it said in the manual...it said you had to depressurize the fuel lines so that fuel wouldnt squirt out when you took off the filter, so im guessing they had to be pressurized again bc mine turned out fine but i didnt do any "pressurizing" just depressurizing

Comment

If the car runs....it means you have fuel pressure....could be a clogged filter, or he could have bent a line...although it's the easiest filter to change so I don't see how thats possible.....could just be a bad filter.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by nikon View Post
        If the car runs....it means you have fuel pressure....could be a clogged filter, or he could have bent a line...although it's the easiest filter to change so I don't see how thats possible.....could just be a bad filter.
        this definetly sounds like it could be the problem

the "pressure" of the fuel lines has nothing to do with it

Comment

I would check your fuel pressure, see what it is at idle, then go from there, your fuel pump is probably starting to go bad.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hmmm.....so even though it's new it could be bad? It's a wix if that has anything to do with it and if not what else do you guy think it could be? How would I check the feul pressure?
            Last edited by Camaro98 JL; 06-30-2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

fuel pump?

check pressure like ssms said.

Comment

you could go back to him and be like wtf. And see what he does

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                  you could go back to him and be like wtf. And see what he does

Yeah I should lol:naughty: But I have to pick up my Dad's car at the shop and the guy is a friend of ours said he would check the pressure so I'll see what's going on hopefully get this fixed.

Comment

oh yeah BTW, i ment it has nothing to do with having to pressurize your fuel lines

Comment

if i'm not mistaken, theres a check valve in the filter that prevents the fuel in the lines from draining back into the tank when the car is cut off. if that valve is bad, the lines will empty when you cut the car off, and the fuel has to plumb back through the lines before the car will fire up...just keep priming the pump for about 3 seconds before you start and you'll be fine :D

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro98 JL View Post
                        I had a mechanic change my fuel filter and ever since then it hesitates to start every once in a while I have to hold the the key for about four seconds and some time it starts right up but all he did was take a pair of pilers and took it off put the new one in and I was out the door and I have this probelm. was he supposed to Pressurize it or something? I don't know a hack alot about cars thats why I'm asking you guys even if it does sound silly lol and is there something I can do to fix this it's kinda of embarrassing.

Thanks guys
                        Camaro98 JL,

I have a hunch that it could be your alternator. :) Because you said you have to hold the key for a few seconds. That just means the rectifier in your alternator is dying. Either that or it could be your ignition switch; check that connection and maybe the connection on your starter as well. I'm just guessing though!
                        Last edited by Leonard 3.8L; 06-30-2008, 09:05 PM.
                        Leonard
                        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                        sigpic

Comment

^^^ what!? how the hell do you put hard start and alternator together?!

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                          05' CTS-V
                          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

he says he's just "guessing" :rolleyes:

which is not altogether good advice.

but it's a good place to start :tup: :slap:

Comment

beats me ^

i like the bent line theory

but idk how you mess up changing a fuel filter, other than getting some gas on me it was really simple.

but even though i primed mine after i changed it it still took a second to start, never again after the first time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X