mods i should do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mods i should do??

i have a 98 firebird v6... i currently have powdered coated heads, cutt of catalyc convertor, flowmaster, dual exhaust, trans am spoiler,c5 wheels,msd ignition,free air mod,ram air,K&N filter... What mods should i next perform?? Im not wanting to go way out but want the best performance difference that i can get...What should be some top things i should consider..I know Nitrous is a possibilty .. I hear whisper lids are good but whats the big difference between that and the stock lid all i see is that the slot grooves inside are cutt out.. if thats the case ill getmy dremel tool and cutt them out and save the money.. What does everyone recommend i do... Performance or Looks..I was thinking porting & polished throttle body.. but everyone says its a waste of money.. but i think it sure looks neat though!

THANKS

I always say go before show. I am no expert but i would say if you dont already have 3.42's and lsd to get that. Then my next thing would be a cam. Im not into forced induction so i wouldnt consider nitrous or charging.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

I agree with Will. 3.42's or higher with LSD. The whisper lid also gets rid of the Air baffles right behind the lid. This also causes the air to "whirlwind" around causing it to get warmer before entering the TB.
      98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

The whisper lid also has a much larger opening than the stock lid and is in general larger getting more air into the TB. (I swear by the whisper lid...GREAT mod)
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

whisper lid, lsd and 3.42 gears, and a cam
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago
          • SixShooter'00Camaro
            Revival
            by SixShooter'00Camaro
            Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X