X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two things...

1. Trunk Rattles.

2. Want to remove gages.

my trunk rattles and i cant for the life of me figure out how to fix it...anyone with the problem?

also i have these whitefaced gages with a silver overlay...looks kinda ricey to me so I was thinking of paintin the silver overlay black....anyone kno how to remove the gages? a simple writeup would be apreciated alot..thanks guys

btw its a 97 camaro

Re: two things...

for the trunk try adjusting those rubber things on the sides that it sits on when closed.

Comment

does it just have over lays?

if not

just unscrew the bezel, then there is a few bolts holding it in....then just pull it out.

to take the face off it's only a few star keys
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i just noticed my trunk rattles over bumps too. i moved those rubber stoppers and it did nothing.
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

It may be your spare tire. If it is not tightened down or becomes loose it will rattle and squeak. I had that problem and it took forevere for me to figure out what it was.

Comment

i have no spare
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Trunk...no spare tire either and already adjusted the stupid rubber things which also did nothing. even took out all the panels in the back and had an empty trunk...its like my quarter panel rattles?

Gages...i guess im just gunna have to unscrew all i can and mess around with it...i dont wanna remove the gages...just this ugly overlay thing it has thats silver than i want flat black.

Comment

I think fbodys are just noisy. turn the music up!

Comment

Check the splash shield under the fuel filler neck. Mine is loose and rattles when I go over a bump. I have to get around to fixing that.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

mine was squeeking and it was the sissor bars by the hydrolic lift arms. just pryed them over a bit. but mine is a rag top. steve

Comment

for the hatch, i've been told the acual latch gets loose. If you move it down abit it'll tighten up and close nicely.
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I thought my trunk was making noise when over bumps, but found out that it was my exhaust. After getting my exhaust put on, if I hit a bump at a decent speed, sometimes it will hit part of the frame... doesn't hurt anything, barely taps it at that, but it is noticeable.
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X