Just how hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how hard...

...is it to install a secondary tachometer and a fuel to air ratio gauge?

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Re: Just how hard...

AF guage would be easy.

But would you be doing a wideband or just a gauge and tapping into the stock O2 sensor??
    The latter would just be a light show....

And I believe Installing a tach is just a wire to the right PCM wire. And of course a ground and power.

Comment

I'm looking to attach the FAR gauge to the stock O2 sensor, and I cant find any instructions on how and where to cut, attach, etc.

Comment

Just to let you know, installing a 50 dollar AF Ratio guage to a stock NARROWBAND O2 sensor will be a light show, and IMO, is a distraction.

It will look like this: (and only be "semi" accurate at WOT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npNeb...eature=related

You want to get an WIDEBAND O2 sensor if you want to tune/be worth anything.
        It will be a pretty penny.

Comment

Ok. I guess thats out. How about mounting a transmission temperature gauge?

Comment

It will have to be electronic. Can't have hot trans fluid to the cabin.
            Do you have an auto or a manual?

I believe, (don't take my word for it) that the auto cars have a trans temp that the computer watches over.
            This is only because I think it shows up on an Aeroforce gauge (which plugs into the OBD2)

If not, I think the next step would be installing an electronic temp. sensor in a trans tube/ or the trans fluid pan.

Comment

Hey, save the money on the gauges and put it towards something like boost or nitrous that you'll really need them for. Otherwise you'll be like the kid driving a dodge neon I pulled up next to that had a **** ton of gauges on his pillar.

I asked him whats he got under the hood. He goes, "Nothing" I then ask "Then what are all the gauges for?" He then replies with "I just like to know what my car's doing"
              I then said "Hahah, alllrriighhhhttttt!" My gf says I made him happy but honestly, he should feel silly. Don't be a neon driver.

What mods do you have and how much money do you want to spend right now?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X