My car threw two codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car threw two codes

Ok my SES light came on today so i took my car home and scanned it and 2 codes came up. P0404 (EGR Flow CKT Range/Perf) and P1404(Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary Emission Controls). The first one i assume that my egr went bad or needs cleaning maybe? But the second one I have no idea. Any ideas?
    2000 3.8 V6 Camaro. Bone stock except free ram air mod.

DTC P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Open Position Performance
    DTC P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Closed Position Performance

for P0404, go ahead and check the connections and wires making sure they are not damaged and the connectors are clean. after that, take it off and clean it cause there might be build up or something affecting the spindle. what has happened is the PCM monitors it and sees that the actual position is +15* from desired position.

for P1404, what has happened is the valve in the EGR hasnt closed. my guess, probably some build up. go ahead and clean everything up with an intake cleaner or something.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

That EGR thing happened in my girlfriends saturn. Of course it just happened to clog right after the dealer did a decarb, but of course that "was just a coincidence." So I just pulled it off and cleaned it out. Pretty easy to do.
      2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X